Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Merle Haggard ain't my cup of tea...

I will apologize in advance to my father for this post.  But one more day at home with David playing Merle Haggard on his computer might cause me to go off the deep end.  For those of you who don't know who Merle is, (I unfortunately grew up with him playing and then my dad decided to give my husband the gift that keeps on giving - every Merle song on a CD collection!) Google him and listen to part of a song.  That is all it will take.  Seriously.  The man has smoked himself almost to death so he has a very gravel-like voice and quite the twang!!

I'm not a big country music fan to start with, then you add a little Merle and even some George Strait and you get a "Deliverance" type feel.

Wow - I will try to concentrate on the blog.  Hard to keep my toes from tapping to the background music.

I'm now learning even more about the patience of the job search and final information.  I was offered a job Friday evening and I am still awaiting a written offer.  Patience my be a virtue, but I have never been good at being patient.  I want to just call the employer and tell them I'll draft my own offer letter to get it done.  But I'm thinking that might not be the first impression I want to create.  They will find out soon enough how I am.

This role is located quite a way from Fishers so I will have to live during the week at another location.  I'm realizing that I will have to create a second household for this venture.  Argh!  Do you think that if i left David, (which is a possibility with the whole Merle thing) and got engaged to someone else, I could get people to come to a bridal shower so I could get all the household stuff I need again?  Probably more work than it's worth.

Hopefully, tomorrow I will receive the written offer.  If not, I will have no choice but to continue the job search and I really don't want to do that.

Oh - we just switched from Merle to the song, "Swanging".  Help me....

1 comment:

  1. Ok, that hurt. And Swingin' is by John Anderson and can't compare to any Merle song!!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete