Monday, May 21, 2012

Kill the Chipmunks...

I really need to start work soon, for several reasons.  First, I have become obsessed with my flowers this year - I'm like a crazy old lady with 100 cats only I have 100 flowers.  I planted some very pretty Gerber Daisies.  They were awesome.  Then came the chipmunks.  Now, normally, I like chipmunks.  They seemed all cute and whatnot.  Now I want to kill the chipmunks.  They are eating my plants.  And they are fast little suckers.  Can't catch them with my hands.  Maybe I will go all Hunger Games on them and set traps and such.  Are you beginning to see why I need work?!?

Second, my brain is slowly decreasing in capability.  As I mentioned before, I have received an offer from a great company.  The offer was verbal and I have been awaiting a written offer for over a week.  I was complaining to my husband this morning about the negative candidate experience I was having and that I was tempted to call my new boss and tell her that I didn't know if I wanted to take the job as I have received no communication.  Then I realized that I am a complete moron who didn't know how to check my cell phone for voicemail messages.  My future employer, (unless they realize how dumb I am) had left three messages asking me to provide some information on-line.  DUH!  I promptly called the Recruiter and completed the information at warp speed.

Maybe chipmunk hunting will sharpen my mind.  I'm heading to Walmart now for some camo and ammo and black face paint.  Those two chipmunks don't stand a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment